At Lenovo’s Accelerate, the tech giant has previewed and demoed the world’s first foldable PC. The brand claims that it’s designed for tech-savvy professionals who demand the best tools. This foldable PC joins the ThinkPad X1 family which ensures that its portability will no way compromise on its productivity and reliability. The brand stresses that this isn’t a phone, tablet or familiar hybrid, but in fact a fully fledged laptop with a foldable screen.
Commenting on the laptop, Lenovo claims, “We all want access to a large comfortable screen even on the go, but travel can make this inconvenient or impossible. Never mind that remote work increased 140 per cent from 2008 to 2016, with more and more employees taking time-sensitive, media-intensive projects with them everywhere. In the past, a 13.3-inch screen on a laptop demanded that the device stay at that same size footprint —not so with this single OLED 2K display made in collaboration with LG Display that can fold in half and reduce its width by 50 per cent. Intel-powered with Windows, the foldable ThinkPad can transition with users from day to night.”
With this laptop, you can:
- Wake up, fold it into a book, and start the day scanning your social media feeds in bed.
- Walk to your kitchen, unfold it, and stand it up for hands-free viewing of your top news sites.
- Hit your commute on the bus or train and morph it into a clamshell to catch up on emails.
- Get into the office, dock it into your multi-monitor setup and get to work.
- Go into meetings, take notes with its pen, and write on a full-screen tablet.
- After lunch, set up the stand and use its mechanical keyboard to type out a few work emails.
- Come home at night, open it up and stream your favourite shows.
- Relax in bed, fold it in half and enjoy your latest read before going to sleep.
This space-saving ThinkPad combines laptop productivity with smartphone portability. Stay tuned for full product details and availability in 2020