NTR Kathanayakudu Movie Review
Final Report: NBK and Vidya Balan register among all. In short, NTR Kathanayakudu is among those average movies made in all honesty without any over the top elevations. Visit back for our frank review soon.
– NTR announces his political party ‘Telugu Desam’. Movie ends.
– Rana (Chandrababu) and a couple of other political characters have been introduced.
– NTR Kathanayakudu second half shows how NTR is influenced towards the public and their struggles.
First Half Report:
The first half of NTR Kathanayakudu is pretty straightforward and alright overall. There is nothing to complain and at the same time nothing to elevate. It is moving along the lines of the previous film in the actor and director’s combo. It’s time for the second half, now.
– After an emotional episode, interval.
– Rama Rao donning Lord Sri Krishna role scene has come out very well. Background score adds enough elevation to justify the scene.
– Rama Rao goes for fundraising (Jole) but runs into a conflict with the production house agreement. He has decided to produce his own films.
– Rama Rao slowly becoming a popular hero.
– After some struggle, Rama Rao gets a chance in movies.
– Flashback time. The story shifts to Bezawada. Rama Rao resigns his government job and decided to try in movies.
– NTR Kathanayakudu show started in Madras (1984). The movie opens on Hari Krishna worrying about his mother’s health.
NTR Kathanayakudu US Premier live updates will begin at 2 am IST. (3.30 pm EST).
Preview: NTR Kathanayakudu
One must agree that this movie is expected to be a great tribute to one of the most influential personalities that Telugu Cinema has ever witnessed, the legendary NTR who left his mark in politics, as well. ‘NTR Kathanayakudu‘ would be the glory of the legend when he was a living wonder on the big screen in the Telugu Film Industry.
The biopic on NTR wouldn’t get a better actor than Balakrishna for reprising the legend’s role. Balakrishna already impressed in his father’s role in the posters, the promos and the trailer and therefore, one wouldn’t even doubt if he was a fit for the role or not. Even most of the actors chosen for reprising important characters like Basavatharakam, ANR, Savithri, Hari Krishna etc. got a huge initial thumbs up from the audiences for their looks and we wouldn’t doubt their performances, as well.
All said and done, all the thoughts are now directed towards Krish who would be responsible for how the legend’s life has been delivered on the big screen and how he could weave an intriguing narrative to keep the audiences lost in the magic, remembering and reminiscing the legend once again, in all his glory.
The pre-release buzz is excellent, and the advance bookings are quite flattering. The name ‘NTR’ is the biggest strength of the movie. There is a minor glitch in the form of not very impressive audio from MM Keeravani who gave an album that looked dated, however, if the visuals are great, that wouldn’t be a problem at all for the biopic.
Vidya Balan needs a specific mention here as she reprised NTR’s wife Basavatarakam’s role. There would be less dramatic moments in ‘NTR Mahanayakudu’. But going by the hearsay, Krish tried to drive the entire narrative highlighting emotional moments using Vidya Balan’s portrayal of Basavataraam. Here, the way her character is etched and the emotional bond between NTR and Basavatarakam is portrayed, will give the audiences a hook to hold the narrative and get along with the flow.
Finally, the moment has arrived that would let us know if Krish was successful in fulfilling Balayya’s dream who wants his father’s biopic to be like a valuable jewel, a guide for the future generations to know about the legend, NTR. Keep watching this space, we’ll be back with the most awaited ‘NTR Kathayakudu’ review from michi9 team. Just, stay with us.