All eyes have been on the press meet being arranged by RRR team. Rajamouli, along with both his heroes – NTR and Ram Charan, and producer DVV Danayya, attended the meeting and revealed several crucial updates regarding the film’s cast and crew. In the process, the star director also confirmed some of the ongoing speculations about the story and characters.
– Film is set in the 1920s pre-independent India. Story primarily centres around the Indian protagonists and British rulers.
– NTR and Ram Charan will be playing the role of legendary Telugu freedom fighters from Telangana and Andhra Pradesh- Komaram Bhim and Alluri Seetharama Raju respectively. However, the story is entirely fictional.
– British actress Daisy Edgar Jones has been paired opposite NTR and Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt will be romancing Ram Charan.
– Leading Bollywood star Ajay Devgn will be portraying a powerful role. Tamil actor Samuthirakani will be essaying a crucial role.
– RRR will be the title for all the languages the film will be releasing.
– RRR will be hitting screens on July 30th, 2020.
– RRR’s story takes place in Delhi, before Komaram Bheem and Alluri Seetharama Raju turned freedom fighters.
– RRR will be dubbed in 10 Indian languages.
– Mahabharatam is my dream project. Probably that will be my last film.
– There will be VFX in RRR. But the visual effects will be used to not create grandeur or extravaganza, but to make the film look more natural.
– I was particular about casting both NTR and Charan in RRR. The film wouldn’t have been made if any of them rejected it: Rajamouli